Sunday, August 13, 2017

Feeling Cinderella

(suddenly felt like writing tonight..so here I am)

I've been pretty active and busy with Toastmasters lately. The past month and all through September will be busy with installation ceremonies for new club excos, as the new term in Toastmasters just started. Tonight, I attended the installation of KK Advanced Toastmasters club, many of their members of which are always supportive of our club.

So anyway, all these meetings, gatherings and dinners have made me feel somewhat like Cinderella. (Ngeh, perasan nih. Kasi chan la bah..) Being that I work from home, my daily dress up routine usually consists of some jersey shirt or blouse, black slacks or a pair of jeans and the instant-est tudung I can grab a hold of. Being out and about, I get to actually dress up a bit, spray on some perfume and put on some make up and high heels (the highest I can tahan..then come home all sore..).

Like tonight, I had on the full ensemble of foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, the reddest lipstick I could find, satin shawl by Yuna and gold blouse by Poplook.

Coming home, changing into my jammies (jammies ala kampung: t-shirt and kain sarong je), pouring out the make up remover, taking off the war paint (as my friend Rachel would say), then proceeding to put away the laundry and do some dishes... really felt Cinderella-ish. Bukan kah? :)

Well, playing make believe is always fun. Came back with both shoes anyway...so unfortunately, no other Prince Charming to come a searching.

xx



1 comment:

Leo B said...

I'm back to blogging too! Mid life crisis perhaps!! :-)